Tuesday, May 01, 2007

The camera has arrived and it's kickin ass!

After the initial irritation over the CF card, I got the camera up and running. Damn does it take awesome pictures! Of course, set on the largest setting with my current undersized 256MB CF card, I only get about 50 pictures - tops. I'll need to get a couple new cards. This card I had for the camera I was using 2 cameras ago, which only had 3.2 megapixels so I was able to get about 300 or so images out of that. Now with 10.1 megapixels it really eats it up fast! I have 2 512MB cards for the S2IS but they are a smaller size. That sucks. I'm so happy happy happy happy happy!!!!

1 Comments:

At 2:26 AM, Blogger Stephan Ahonen said...

No, you've got it wrong, see, the *camera* doesn't take awesome pictures. *You* take awesome pictures, a good camera just makes it easier. =D

Oh how digital has spoiled us. Remember when a roll of film was 36 pictures and you couldn't delete the bad ones?

I think you can get away with a 256 MB card. You only really need enough memory to store all the pictures you will take in a single session. I rarely use more than a gig myself even when I'm blazing away at an event.

I'd suggest taking a good hard look at RAW vs. JPG. For a little while at least, set your camera to record "RAW+JPG" and compare how the two versions turn out. If you can't tell the difference, then there is no difference, go ahead and shoot JPG. Also take a look at shooting JPG "Standard" instead of "Fine." On my camera, shooting JPG Standard lets me fit about four and a half times as many pictures on my card as I can shooting RAW and you can barely tell the difference unless you're putting the picture through heavy post-manipulation.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home